1000m Rifle range
The Premier Shooting Centers’ goal is to provide the best location and experience for its members and guests and in establishing this unique and special 1km long range we think it really sets us apart for all others with our depth of support to the shooting community and sport.
We know that at these distances there are particular aspects of service and facility that are not being met by other venues; not least that we are a commercial facility and are not bound by the government range accessibility restrictions.
We have looked closely at the needs of this rifle discipline and have taken the opportunity when developing the new facility to get it right. To learn from others more knowledgeable and to develop a range that truly strives to be a value added experience and to help all shooters be the best they can be.
The end result is an environment that not only makes you want to shoot, but to shoot your best; to enjoy your time here with your spouse, partner, friends or business colleagues; to mature your firearms skills and to fully enjoy the friendly atmosphere and community.
To enable this we addressed many key aspects:
- Provided are 20 rifle shooting bays that are arguably the widest most comfortable ports so that you don’t feel crowded but still with a design that affords concentration. The shooting stations allow for plenty of room for your range bag and gear and each has its own 4 gun rifle rack with soft coverage to protect your investment.
- The exciting differential between the Premier Shooting Center and everywhere else in Canada is that at this range you can shoot at 300, 500, 700, 900, 1000 but when you select the distance on the electronic panel in the shooting position the target automatically elevates, has a clean target in position already for you to shoot and it doesn’t take a team or time The shooter is easily and rapidly able to switch between distances. Additionally, all targets can be video monitored so that shot placement and order can be recorded and saved for your records.This is a huge leap forward to your long range development of skill and loads. It means that:
- You can shoot at any time that suits you – if you have an hour to spare you can effectively shoot just as much as if you were down the military ranges all day
- A key difference is that you can practice on your own and not have to rely upon a team to work the butts or communicate down range or switch off to take your turn down in the ‘dug out’
- Feedback is instant with second shot placement adjustment is more timely, minimizing wind changes
- Switch between 300 / 500 / 700/ 900/ 1000 as you chose in a moment by selecting the range on the panel, a distance appropriate standard target will automatically raise up. Need a fresh target then easily scroll up a new target with the proprietary system with no need to head down range at all.Safe, fast, independent, video capture, shot string recording, vertical/horizontal/spread auto calculation
- Load development is dramatically emphasized due to distance and adjustments based on POI over a longer range due to the feedback and video monitoring
- All shooting positions are covered and protected from the elements; keeping the wind and rain off to allow you to maximize the time down the range
- For the bench rest shooting stations there is a rock solid bench with comfortable height adjustable seating suitable for any shooter comfort. The benches are large enough for your bench rest, cleaning rods, note books and spotting scope. For guest convenience we even have a few heavy solid bench rests available at the center office if you just don’t relish the idea of lugging the poundage back and forth to the range.
- For those rifle shooters who are challenging themselves with prone position shooting then there are raised positions available. There is an option of grassed shooting ports for the purist, to maintain continuity to competition environments or man-made prone position ports which have a firm rubberized base to lay down on, reducing the thermal effects compared to soil while offering a simulated ground effect such that the body, elbows, breathing, bipods, recoil etc duplicate the effect of being on the ground
- To assist with load development or simply to act as both a warming station or long range shooters hang out there is a small facility building available between the 100m and 1000m ranges with built in benches to accept the reloading press set up.
- We recognize that the key element of long range is in fact the elements! We have permanent authorized windage flags on both sides of the range for keen observation of conditions together with temperature and humidity readings posted twice daily or by request of a staff member.
- Your membership access card offers you the sense of executive privilege and allows access to the member’s area and all ranges pertinent to your skills and membership throughout the facility. This way you have comfort and knowledge that other shooters around you have been fully qualified and sanctioned to be in that next port; as well, for your safety, it prevents PAL qualified shooters inadvertently finding themselves in unfamiliar surrounds of an RPAL range.
- We consider safety as paramount across all areas and take every effort to be the leader – 99% is a million miles away from our target of what you deserve from us. Which is why we have circulating staff to assist and guide where they can and where they are asked. They are there to make your visit memorable
- On-site staff have all been chosen for their experience, firearms skills and attention to detail in safety but with an equal focus on their customer service soft skill set. From assisting someone with correct trigger finger position when asked for advice to helping someone with their access card entry; helping members carry gear to ranges to guiding members in better safety protocols. It’s a fine line between assistance and interference – between customer service and annoyance. One thing is for sure you will not endure ‘range dictators’ at the Premier Shooting Center
If you are an ardent Rifleman, we would recommend sign up for the news and updates and be up to speed on the membership pre-registration before it is in general release
All in all, our aim is to provide an environment and membership that is valued. Sometimes it can be the smallest thing that can elevate the experience from acceptable to exceptional.
We strive to be the, Premier Shooting Center.